Come join us at Crimson Resource Management as a Sr. Production Engineer for our growing Thermal Development Team. We are a company that continues to grow in this competitive industry and offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and work alongside a diverse team of professionals. In fact, Crimson’s Management team has combined experience of over 100 years in the Oil and Gas industry and we are looking for experienced engineering professionals to join our team.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
This production engineering position has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Analysis and recommendation for improvement of well performance.
- Analysis and recommendation for well stimulations as needed.
- Analysis and recommendation for improvement of well failures.
- Analysis and recommendations for selection of and improvement in performance of artificial lift systems; optimize lift performance relative to failures.
- Provide well-workover recommendations, post-job analysis, and documentation.
- Engineering support of various projects on downhole equipment efficiency and failure impact.
- On site failure analysis, recommendation and remediation for team processes/equipment.
- Review reservoir response with Technical Team to optimize flood and cyclic performance.
- Assist in the development, implementation or improvement of standard operating procedures and technical specifications.
- Monitor field production and injection performance. Identify reservoir performance deficiencies and develop solutions to correct.
- Provide production engineering support in steamflood pattern/flood reviews to optimize areal and vertical sweep efficiency.
- Support Asset Team in creating annual operating and capital budgets.
Key Deliverables of Subject Position’s Group:
- The Thermal Development team has the primary responsibility of developing and maintaining the performance of Crimson’s Midway Sunset & Lost Hills thermal reservoirs. This includes taking pilot steam flood patterns from appraisal to full development. Key activities include analyzing production, injection, and reservoir data to gain an in-depth understanding of reservoir performance. Activities also include planning development projects, production forecasting, economic evaluations and providing project implementation support.
- The goal of the team is to optimize reservoir performance and maximize return on investment.
- Team objectives include pattern reviews, drilling opportunities, steam targets, well work recommendations and maintaining depletion plans and reserve books.
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in production engineering with emphasis on steam flood management.
- Reservoir modeling experience is a plus.
- Experience with heavy oil production engineering practices and surveillance methods.
- Proficient at well performance evaluation.
- Familiar with using XSPOC/Lowis, OFM, and ARIES.
- Familiarity with economic evaluation.
- Ability to evaluate risks and make decisions with limited data.
- Experience in taking a field from appraisal stage to full development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player able to effectively work inter-dependently.
- B.S. or higher in Petroleum Engineering or related Engineering concentration.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume to:
Crimson Resource Management
5001 California Ave., Ste. 206
Bakersfield, CA 93309
or e-mail to: AMarion@crimsonrm.com