Position Roles and Responsibilities:
This production engineering position has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Analysis and recommendation for improvement of well performance.
- Analysis and recommendation for well stimulations as needed.
- Analysis and recommendation for improvement of well failures.
- Analysis and recommendations for selection of and improvement in performance of artificial lift systems; optimize lift performance relative to failures.
- Provide well-workover recommendations, post-job analysis, and documentation.
- Engineering support of various projects on downhole equipment efficiency and failure impact.
- On site failure analysis, recommendation and remediation for team processes/equipment.
- Review reservoir response with Technical Team to optimize flood and cyclic performance.
- Assist in the development, implementation or improvement of standard operating procedures and technical specifications.
- Monitor field production and injection performance. Identify reservoir performance deficiencies and develop solutions to correct.
- Provide production engineering support in steamflood pattern/flood reviews to optimize areal and vertical sweep efficiency.
- Support Asset Team in creating annual operating and capital budgets.
Key Deliverables of Subject Position’s Group:
- The Thermal Development team has the primary responsibility of developing and maintaining the performance of Crimson’s Midway Sunset & Lost Hills thermal reservoirs. This includes taking pilot steam flood patterns from appraisal to full development. Key activities include analyzing production, injection, and reservoir data to gain an in-depth understanding of reservoir performance. Activities also include planning development projects, production forecasting, economic evaluations and providing project implementation support.
- The goal of the team is to optimize reservoir performance and maximize return on investment.
- Team objectives include pattern reviews, drilling opportunities, steam targets, well work recommendations and maintaining depletion plans and reserve books.
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in production engineering with emphasis on steam flood management.
- Reservoir modeling experience is a plus.
- Experience with heavy oil production engineering practices and surveillance methods.
- Proficient at well performance evaluation.
- Familiar with using XSPOC/Lowis, OFM, and ARIES.
- Familiarity with economic evaluation.
- Ability to evaluate risks and make decisions with limited data.
- Experience in taking a field from appraisal stage to full development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player able to effectively work inter-dependently.
- B.S. or higher in Petroleum Engineering or related Engineering concentration.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume to:
Crimson Resource Management
11200 River Run Blvd., Ste. 200
Bakersfield, CA 93311
or e-mail to: AMarion@crimsonrm.com