Come join us at Crimson Resource Management as a Sr. Reservoir Engineer for our growing Thermal Development Team. We are a company that continues to grow in this competitive industry and offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and work alongside a diverse team of professionals. In fact, Crimson’s Management team has combined experience of over 100 years in the Oil and Gas industry and we are looking for experienced engineering professionals to join our team.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
This reservoir engineering position has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Work with technical team to complete volumetric analysis and reserves determinations for annual reserve reporting requirements.
- Provide reservoir surveillance for reservoirs in the Midway Sunset & Lost Hills fields.
- Work as the primary reservoir engineer and provide leadership and technical guidance to other team members.
- Monitor field production and injection performance. Identify reservoir performance deficiencies and develop solutions to correct.
- Identify development and infill opportunities and support drilling programs.
- Provide reservoir engineering support in steamflood pattern/flood reviews to optimize areal and vertical sweep efficiency.
- Participate in reserves survey and forecast future base production and development projects.
- Provide the required reservoir engineering to develop the Tulare & Etchegoin reservoirs.
- Support Asset Team in creating annual operating and capital budgets.
Key Deliverables of Subject Position’s Group:
- The Thermal Development team has the primary responsibility of developing and maintaining the performance of Crimson’s Midway Sunset & Lost Hills thermal reservoirs. This includes taking pilot steam flood patterns from appraisal to full development. Key activities include analyzing production, injection, and reservoir data to gain an in-depth understanding of reservoir performance. Activities also include planning development projects, production forecasting, economic evaluations and providing project implementation support.
- The goal of the team is to optimize reservoir performance and maximize return on investment.
- Team objectives include pattern reviews, drilling opportunities, steam injection targets, well work recommendations and maintaining depletion plans and reserve documentation.
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in reservoir engineering with emphasis on steam flood management.
- Reservoir modeling experience is a plus.
- Experience with heavy oil reservoir engineering practices and surveillance methods.
- Proficient at well and reservoir performance evaluation.
- Familiar with using XSPOC/Lowis, OFM, and ARIES or similar databases.
- Familiarity with economic evaluations.
- Ability to evaluate risks and make decisions with limited data.
- Experience in calculating field reserves.
- Experience in taking a field from appraisal stage to full development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player able to effectively work inter-dependently.
- B.S. or higher in Petroleum Engineering or related Engineering concentration.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume to:
Crimson Resource Management
5001 California Ave., Ste. 206
Bakersfield, CA 93309
or e-mail to: AMarion@crimsonrm.com