Crimson Resource Management has an immediate opening for a Sr. Production/Reservoir Engineer in the Bakersfield, CA office. Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of applicable work history and a BS in Petroleum Engineering is preferred. Must be experienced in project design, production monitoring, production optimization, basic reservoir analysis and surveillance; familiarity with OFM and Aries or similar databases is preferred. Heavy & light oil production operations experience is a plus.
Crimson has an excellent benefits package (i.e. 9/80 alternative work schedule, 401(k) company match, company provided life insurance)
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
This production engineering position has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Analysis and recommendation for improvement of well performance.
- Analysis and recommendation for well stimulations as needed.
- Analysis and recommendation for improvement of well failures.
- Analysis and recommendation for selection of and improvement in performance of artificial lift systems; optimize lift performance relative to failures.
- Analysis and recommendation for P&A candidates.
- Provide basic reservoir surveillance and analysis for reservoirs in various areas within California.
- Provide decline curve analysis.
- Identify development and infill opportunities with drilling recommendations.
- Provide well-workover recommendations, AFE’s, procedures, post-job analysis, and documentation.
- Monitor production and workover rig activity.
- Engineering support of various projects on downhole equipment efficiency and failure impact.
- On site failure analysis, recommendation and remediation for team processes/equipment.
- Review reservoir response with Reservoir Engineering to optimize performance.
- Assist in the development, implementation or improvement of Standard Operating Procedures and technical specifications .
- Monitor field production and injection performance. Identify reservoir performance deficiencies and develop solutions to correct.
- Coordination of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Engineering support for evaluation, optimization, repair or replacement of facilities and related equipment including AFE’s and economic evaluation.
Key Deliverables of Subject Position’s Group:
- This position will report to the Light Oil Asset Manager and will be responsible for assisting to optimize reservoir and well performance of all of Crimson’s assets.
- The main goal of this position is to identify and complete work-over and return to production(RTP) candidates that will prove to be economic as well as plug and abandoned (P&A) candidates.
- Key activities include analyzing production, injection, and reservoir data to gain an in-depth understanding of reservoir performance. Activities also include assisting in the planning of development projects, production forecasting, economic evaluations and providing project implementation support.
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with heavy & light oil production engineering practices and surveillance methods.
- Proficient at well performance evaluation.
- Familiar with using OFM and Aries.
- Familiarity with economic evaluation.
- Ability to evaluate risks and make decisions with limited data.
- Ability to prepare well programs for well-workover and P&A candidates.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player able to effectively work inter-dependently.
- B.S. or higher in Petroleum Engineering.
- At least 10 years’ experience in production engineering with basic reservoir analysis and surveillance.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume to:
Crimson Resource Management
5001 California Ave., Ste. 206
Bakersfield, CA 93309
or e-mail to: AMarion@crimsonrm.com