Come join us at Crimson Resource Management as an IT Specialist for our Information Technology Department. We are a company that continues to grow in this competitive industry and offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and work alongside a diverse team of professionals.
The IT Specialist will provide technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop and/or systems hardware and software, supporting all Crimson Resource Management locations in Bakersfield, Lost Hills and Fellows with occasional travel to our corporate office in Denver, CO. This position may require occasional work outside of normal business hours, weekends, and Holidays. This position is full time, working Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm.
Crimson Resource Management has an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match, Company provided life insurance, Aflac, Vacation & Sick benefits plus 8 paid Holidays.
Selected applicants will be subject to background and MVR check and pre-employment physical with drug/alcohol testing.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Configure and maintain physical and virtual servers, networking hardware, personal computers and laptops and other hardware and software.
- Provide technical support for users across the company and across multiple locations, in person or over the phone. Travel to the remote locations may be required.
- Conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Install patches and perform repairs to hardware, software and network equipment following company policy.
- Set up network and email accounts for new users and assist these users with accessing these accounts.
- Respond to user’s inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operations to resolve problems.
- Maintain records of the problems reported, communication with users and actions taken to resolve issues.
- Maintain inventory of IT assets and diagrams of network configurations.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Prefer applicants having 2+ years working experience related to oil and gas or construction industry.
- A technical, logical thought process with strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Windows based environment; Windows Servers, Active Directory, IP networking, DHCP, DNS, Network Switches, SonicWALL and Cisco Routers/Firewalls, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office and VMware.
- Must have a strong ability to grasp and utilize new information quickly and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently and manage time effectively, but also work well as part of a team of professionals.
- Must be willing to learn new skills to meet project requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts in user terms.
- Experience supporting Enertia, Petra, OFM, ARIES, XSPOC, Iconics or Ignition SCADA, OpenWells, Top Server OPC or OSIsoft PI software a plus.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or at least 4+ equivalent years of education and experience.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume to:
Crimson Resource Management
Attn: Human Resources
11200 River Run Blvd., Ste. 200
Bakersfield, CA 93311
or e-mail to: AMarion@crimsonrm.com